Columbus Ohio Temple

Sunday, August 24, 2014

August 18, 2014

Derrek going through the temple with Mike Wihl, whom he baptized a little over a year ago (August 16, 2014)
Hey!!
So this past week was pretty dang decent. It started slow but ended great. haha I'll get to that in a sec. But first off. We need to figure out how to get my bike home. I can pack it up and stuff but how did you send it? And I'll need help for that. I plan on just having a big bonfire my last night and burn the stuff I don't need anymore. I just figured I'd get new clothes and such at home. Anyways. The mission asked what I plan on doing and I'm not leaving my baby here. haha So I guess to narrate the kind of week we've had. I'll just say by Wednesday I had absolutely no gas left in the tank and I crashed hard. But I'll get there in a sec. :P

So Tuesday we helped AJ Jackson do some work on his house. I cut out a little thing in the frame so we can put a door in. Then after that we went and taught a lesson to Braden (The Boyfriend of a member, Maddie Sullivan) that went pretty well and he said he felt the spirit. But there's a part of me that is pretty sure he's just investigating to learn more about Mormons cause he's dating one, but hey. The seed is planted. After we mowed a lawn for a widow in the ward. Who is Maddie's aunt. That whole family is really cool and we're pretty tight with them. Other than that not a whole lot happened that day.

Now Wednesday. We had a Zone meeting that went on for a lot longer now cause that's how President wants is to be done. It was just long and almost painful. E. Baldwin and I spent most of the morning trying to figure out what the name of this concert was haha but we figured it out in the middle of the meeting. :P but after the meeting we got back to the apartment and my body literally shut down on me... It was bad. haha I think everything caught up to me cause I've been pushing super hard to finish strong but it wasn't working too well I guess. A little reminder that I still need to take care of myself. But I was out of gas and for the previous month was just running on fumes from just pure physical and mental exhaustion. I couldn't even think straight anymore and my body was just getting weak so I think it had enough and forced itself to get rest. I passed out for an hour and half which I've never napped that long but when I woke I was still so tired and brain dead. So I asked E. Baldwin for a blessing and since then I've been great and will be able to finish strong. I also gave him one cause He's been struggling lately. (Girl problems) BUT like I said. It's like crazy deja vu being with him cause it's similar to the beginning of my mish.

Thursday we had a Zone Conference that took all day. That was a long meeting and dragged on but oh well. I got to see some buddies. But that night we did a Stake Ministry Night where it's kinda like a massive splits with the Stake President and mission president and Bishop and such. It was cool. I went with Bishop to go see one of the Sisters Recent converts and also Richard Wampler. Taught about the importance of going to Church. Praying, and Reading the scriptures. and how those three things will always keep us grounded. It's pretty cool

Friday is the day I smashed my finger with a framing hammer doing service for AJ Jackson. That was prolly one of the most painful things I've experienced.... Haha I temporarily had turrets for a day or so hahaha it sucked. But it's like super swollen and purple and nasty. So I definitely will be coming home one nail less of a man than I was before I left! haha So after we did service we ate with the Jacksons then after went to talk to the Youngs about Richard and Tina cause they are their main source of fellowship but I forgot to add that after the ministry night Richard and Tina made the decision to be baptized on the 23rd! So that's gonna happen this Saturday and we have everything lined up for that! But at the Youngs house my nail was hurting so bad that I decided to drill a hole in it to try and relieve some pressure from all the blood cause I definitely broke vessels. So that sucked but helped a little.

Saturday was prolly one of the best days of my mission by far I got to spend it all with Mike and no one else. And that was cool hopefully I explained a little bit about the sacredness of it all but it's Mike so hopefully that'll work out! haha There were a couple funny things that happened though and it was just a good day. We went to Young's Dairy which is like this farm family fun place. It was good. We had dinner there and then that night we taught Richard and Tina and got everything worked out for the Baptism and such.

Sunday went well. We got to dump a bucket of Ice Water on Bro Ellsworth to help him with a dare haha It's not everyday you get asked to assist with that! So we took advantage of it and enjoyed it thoroughly! It should be on facebook I think. And we went and got the baptism worked out with Richard and Tina! We're seeing them everyday to make sure nothing bad happens so we came up with a game plan for that! But it's kinda nice to see this area pick up. And since the blessing I've been able to focus and concentrate and luckily good things are happening my last transfer. So that's really nice. Well that's pretty much my week! Love ya!!

Elder Derrek Bowler 
Service with a smile :)


he got a "nail"...just not the one he was aiming for! 

tried fixing it himself and ended up at the hospital to remove his nail!

No comments:

Post a Comment