Columbus Ohio Temple

Monday, December 3, 2012

Rough Week...

**WARNING---JUST VENTING!***

Elder Brooks, Elder Bowler, and Elder Wheadon (his last companionship)

What is up everyone??
I have made it through another long long week. Ha I hate being in a bike area. (I don't mind walking and such {we don't bike really, roads suck} but the days and weeks feel like an eternity!) Holy crap.. haha so anyways. So this last week has been a fun one.... not really. but I made it through it and have a new one in front of me, so we'll see if this one gets better. Well to be completely honest I don't know what to say. I can't really think of anything awesome this last week. Just a lot of walking around, and going to members homes for dinner. Well I can start by saying thank you Wendy and Todd for your emails! I hope that lady realizes what she had. I have people like that drop off the grid all the time and it's so stupid. That why we have a thing called BDAW. And you testify of the spirit Before, During, After, and you Warn them that Satan will do everything in his power to drag them down. Just like any of us in the church. That's how it is for me right now. I'm trying to do better and find answers and try to come closer to Christ but Satan is a realdouccchhhe. (I'm quoting Nacho I promise:P) so yeah it sucks and it's stupid but it happens to everyone. Even members. My companion, Elder Garner, Is. well.. I don't know how to describe him. He's quiet. Kind of a jerk, and expects me to know everything and when I don't do something he has a cow. Plus he is so defensive... I asked him if there was anything I could do to help and He thought I was being Cocky and it's ridiculous! I can't even look at him or talk to him cause everything I say or the way I look at him he gets all butt hurt and has a cow and starts freaking out at me. So basically I don't ever talk. and I'm just trying to make it till transfers cause this is ridiculous. I press on and try my best with the work while staying in my own little bubble and such. So it's gonna be a long 5 weeks. I was a little down earlier this week and I was saying the prayer before we headed out and after he said that every time I pray it makes him want to take a .45 pistol and shoot himself... Lovely right?? and then We went tracking that day in some neighborhoods and someone slammed there door in our face and I had a concerned look on my face and he flipped a lid and said I need to stop looking at him like that and get the "awkward monkey" off my back. when everything I do never concerns him, It concerns the people around us and he takes it so defensively and up the butt... It's been really hard trying to keep my cool and not break his face in. In all honesty.. Sorry about that. I don't mean to talk negative, I just needed to vent. And I know he's struggling with me as his companion and I'm trying my best with everything that's going on. but just once I want a great companion. haha I'll take Elder Wheadon back so yeah. He's not a bad guy, Just I clash with him and he doesn't know how to understand people or me even. So I'll just be a robot for this next little while. It seems to work with him. But he's a spanish elder and wants to go back to that so we'll see if the Lord lets him. If not.. Then so be it. I'll figure something out. What I have seems to work. So yeah. We Got 5 Potential Investigators that day of tracking those apartments. So we'll see if they want to progress or not! Hopefully they will! A lot of our appointments fall through and it's retarded so we drive around a lot and the work is slow here, and people aren't as nice as my last area. Which surprised me cause I was in some ghetto places in my last area and this is a little nicer area. But White people are just hard in their hearts and they need to be smacked. In the face. With a Book of Mormon..... twice... So we Have a few investigators but none of them are really progressing at all except Emma. and teaching her is like teaching a member. So yeah ha and we only see her on Sunday's cause she actually doesn't live in our area. She lives in Crittenden's but she wants to hang out with the people in our ward. So we'll see how that all plays out. The ward I'm in is awesome. There are a lot of cool people, and the youth here are crazy strong. it's nuts!! A lot of them bore there testimony yesterday and these kids are solid. It's really cool to see them and be around them and hear of their testimony's. But I can't think of anything else to write! Oh other than Lexi and her mission call to Baltimore!! HA how sick is that??!!?! Told you all I found a keeper ;) hahaha K Love you all and thanks for all the love and support and for all your prayers!! I really do appreciate it! I'm hanging in there! (stupid meds don't do crap. just numb everything and don't give me the feeling I'm looking for. But I'll keep using it for another couple weeks to get it truly in my system.)
K love you all!!

Elder Derrek Bowler.

At the MTC

MTC District


No comments:

Post a Comment