Columbus Ohio Temple

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Made it to Ohio...

This is the email Derrek sent to me last night before he left the MTC.  He made it to Ohio.  We heard from him about 9:00 pm, his time.  He had to call Lexi because that was the only phone number he could remember.  He couldn't remember ours (they are quite new).  He's nervous about starting the real thing.  He'll sleep at the mission home tonight and then they have an orientation (there are 14 that came into the mission today...one of them is Derrek!) and go to their apartments and then get to work.  Anyway, keep praying for him.  He still seems down.  I pray that he gets a companion that will help him and have patience and teach him well.  Anyway, here's what he said last night...

Hey once again... So just to tell you about my last night here in the MTC. So we had a devotional like we do every tuesday, and tonight we got to hear from David A. Bednar!! Pretty awesome way to end the night. My spirits are up just a little. They have a choir here so they sang too which was cool and yeah. It was a good way to end the MTC. I hope that I continually get better and start to progress. So that's just what happened and I'm going to be in Ohio next time I write! so yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment