Columbus Ohio Temple

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

June 3, 2014


the Zone at the Air Force Museum


Elder Bowler & Peterson having fun
So this past week went by pretty quick! It felt like not a whole lot happened when in reality quite a bit did. We were pretty blessed this past week and were able to find a couple people to teach. So that's pretty exciting. This area will be picking up here pretty shorty! :)
We took over a couple of the Sisters investigators cause it wasn't too safe any more for them to be in that neighborhood and teaching the people there. (It's not even THAT bad... I've been in worse haha. It's just white trash and drunks who think they own the world and do stupid things to other people, NBD) But it's cool. Robert. He's pretty funny. He's one that we took over. He's a recovering alcoholic. (Went from 64 to 4 and had bad reactions to that so now he's doing a gradual step down starting from 5 a day.) But he's funny. We're gonna go over there today. We also were able to get in to that home where the kid (Julian) had the BMX bike and E. Bullock threw down tricks on. So that was cool. We're gonna drop by with a BoM today and we also found a bunch of potentials last week too! So pretty excited! :) 
So now I got that out of the way. I'll just touch on some Highlights. So this is actually a lowlight but Wednesday I went on exchanges into Fairborn with E. Paulsen.... Holy crap Fairborn must not have liked me cause I got the worst Allergy attack there. It was seriously so bad. I like couldn't breathe... and my eyes were killing me. It flared up that night too and killed the next morning. But luckily yesterday I got a Shot :) so we'll see. After that blow up though they haven't been too bad just cause we were able to manage to get rides or stay in doors and not be out in it too much. There's like a weird cotton tree that blossoms and of course I'm on a bike like last year during Allergy season.... God has a sense of humor haha It's all good. Seriously, I've racked in so many wife points on my mission I'm just getting really stoked to finally meet the dang girl cause of what I've gone through! Sheesh!! hahaha I think biking in -40 degree weather was enough but hey I'll take more points why not? :P But Thursday our AC got fixed and that has probably been the greatest thing that happened to us. We had out muggy apartment at 85 for like a week and that was miserable and then it was like Christmas Morning watching the thermostat drop all the way down to a Glorious 70 degress.. Total heaven! I actually got to use my bed sheets! Anyways. So we worked with our gators. Rode our bikes. The usual. Taught some members the lessons. And those have been going pretty good too. That family with 3 Girls (The Bentley's) we're fun to teach last night. Rosie who is 7 asked about her friend cause we taught the Plan of Salvation and She was like What about Gabbie? Will she make it to heaven too? and it was a cool little experience cause we told her that God knows and loves every one of us and is a part of our life and uses us to help our friends make it to heaven so they can be happy too! :) They're super cute haha. So that was cool.

We had Stake conference this past weekend. It was pretty good. Sunday we had it broadcasted and it was super glitchy... I didn't really get anything out of it.. But whatevs.. But yeah. We went to the Airforce Museum today as a Zone. That was pretty cool. This Zone isn't as close as my last one and no one seems to believe the whole unity in a Zone thing actually brings forth success but whatever. I'll still work on it. Yesterday was pretty cool though. All the leadership in the mission had a special meeting where we had Elder Perkins of the 70 come and speak to us and the CEO of Wendy's Emil Brolick (He's worked with President) So they came and talked about being a leader and some other coold things. So that was tight. There were a ton of my mission buddies there which I thought was cool. Everyone from Hilliard was there. Which is funny cause of the whole Fire thing... That was so long ago. It all just seems like a distant dream.
I also got an email from Joe Hamilton saying he just got his Endowments and is getting Sealed in the Temple tomorrow!! I'm bummed I can't be there but that just made me happy :) And Mike and everyone else is coming up on their Year mark. Actually Mike's is this Saturday. It's just so crazy it's all here and everything is coming to a close. I was a totally different person at the beginning and just so miserable and hating life as a missionary. And with all the random hard things Satan tried to throw at me to bring me down. I'm so grateful to have gone through all of this. I'm so grateful for the trial and blessing it's been to walk my Gethsemane alongside my Savior. I am excited for what still waits for me and what waits for me back home. Life is never easy. But with the Lord's help it can be the most amazing journey anyone could ever be on. I love this gospel. I'm still the same Derrek Bowler, but now I KNOW who I am and where I stand and who I put my trust in. I love you all. Thank you for those who stuck around and helped me through all of this. I'm so grateful for it!

Alec. Keep going strong. Keep doing what you're doing. You'll get to where you want to be. Just say to yourself. What can I do a little better today on? Who can I help smile or laugh or be happy? I'm so proud of you and who you're becoming. You are a great missionary. I can see the desire you have to be good. I want you to know that whatever guilt you hold you can let it go. Why? Because one of the reasons the Savior came was to rid us of Guilt. Guilt comes from Satan (Unless it's for sins then it's from God to help nudge us back to the right path) But Satan will try to destroy you by making you feel Guilty for things that take daily effort. Just pick yourself up. Tell yourself you're okay and that you have no need to worry. Cause your Savior is helping you along the way. So don't fret baby girl ;) It's like if you forget to brush your teeth one day. Does that mean you'll stop brushing your teeth forever? No.. You just try to do it the next day till it's a habit. Just cause we missed something doesn't mean we blew every other chance we'll ever have. The Atonement makes it possible that every SINGLE second we have is a change to change and do a little bit better. :) I love the quote "Success is a lot of small things done well, day after day, workout after workout, obedience after obedience, day after day." Just be true to yourself. Know that God loves you more than you'll ever know and you'll make it on top :) Just know there will always be something to try and drag you down. Never lose hope. "Trust in god and believe in Good things to come" Love ya bro.

Calvin. I'm so proud of you too. I'm proud that you're trying to find out who you are. Continue to seek things that will bring you true and lasting happiness. And be smart with the decisions you make. That have lasting affects. Life is hard and you're at the point where you're kinda forced to grow up. and yeah I know it sucks but just take the first step and you'll be amazed at how far it's going to take you. Seek advice and help from others to get their opinions on what you could do. But don't ever be afraid to live your life.. Never Hold Back. And let your talents and gifts be used to help people out. Always keep smiling and doing your very best. Whatever that may be. I challenge you to spend time by yourself and get to know who you truly are. Figure out where you see yourself in the future. Where you want to be. Maintaining a distant perspective helps you in the decisions you make today. Find out your relationship with God. I promise you that will have a huge impact and being true to your faith and your beliefs. Whatever they may be. Just always be true to it and it will bless your life forever. I love ya and can't wait to see you soon.
Ashton. Bro. You need to do a little better at not shying away every time I try and talk to you. haha you have no reason to worry about things. You should always remember how much I love you and how much I'm willing to help you in your life. I love your smile and your laugh. It lights up the place wherever you are. I challenge you to try and find things to get out of your comfort zone. Try to reach out to someone who might need you as a friend in their life. I challenge you to take every opportunity you have right now to learn as much as you can. To develop your talents and also to find out who you really are. The quicker you can get a self image of yourself (That's true and accurate I might add) the more you'll love life. The easier it will be to make good choices that will benefit your life instead of tear it down. You still have a while to make choices while under the safety of mom and dad's roof. Don't waste that time. It'll come by a lot quicker than you think. I love you and can't wait to finally sit down and talk with you!! I'm proud of you and the man you're becoming :)
Dallen. You are an amazing kid. A lot better than I was at your age. (Ha I was a total skate punk... ask mom!) You have an amazing work ethic that is hard to find now a days. You work harder than most of the Adults I've seen out here. Never lose that talent. Always try and improve yourself and reach out to those near you, You have a gift of true Christlike love. Never lose that. It's easy to let life get a hold of us and make us lose sight on the things that matter most. Learn as much as you can from all types of people and sources. Surround yourself with positive people who will promote your life and help you to be the best Dallen you can be :) You impress me and I'm very proud of you. Love ya!!
Mom and Dad. I love you both more than you'll ever know. Thank you for your love and sacrifices on my behalf to try and help me become the best I can be. Thank you for your constant support and help in my life in all aspects. I don't know where I would be with out either one of you and I'm forever grateful for the parents you have been to me. I can't wait to talk with you and embrace you guys again :)
Love,
Elder Derrek Bowler.


No comments:

Post a Comment