Columbus Ohio Temple

Sunday, January 26, 2014

January 13, 2014

So hey everyone!
So Honestly I apologize for last week. I feel bad for not writing much at all cause we had a decent past couple weeks. But now I don't have much time for all that. So sorry I'm a slacker! I will say that we went out and worked in the -40 degree weather last week and that was seriously the coldest couple days of my life. I'm just glad I got to experience it cause it was pretty cool. And I have a bunch of pictures and such explaining everything we did but I forgot my camera! So next week I'll get that out to you.
So just in short (I gotta get running soon so that's why) I'm up in Columbus again on the East side of it now. In the Big Walnut Creek ward. Which has like 70 active members. It's small. But they are great people. I got doubled in with E. McCullough. (Mc- Kulla) and we opened up a new area here. We were supposed to have a car but they don't have one for us yet. So we've been walking about 10-15 miles a day since Thursday. The other missionaries didn't give us much to work with or much info on anything so it's been kinda stressful. Plus my comp is complete polar opposites of me. So it's a learning experience all around. But this area has sick potential and great members. So I'm excited to see what we can do here! I think this is my test cause President mentioned something like this in my interview a couple weeks ago. I won't go into too much detail on that because he was on one that day and was getting after everyone. (not so much me. he was just staunchy) but yeah good stuff. We've talked to a lot of people on the streets. Relatively good contacts. Got a couple gators in a couple of days. So yeah. Fun Fun! We're in the hood again. Kinda like Westland but not so White Trash now. So I'm on guard a little more. There was a kid who asked me to smoke a blunt with him. But he was just being cool for his friends. Ha Tool.. Gotta love it though! We took over the sister's area cause they needed the nicer neighborhoods. So we got the Hood. Which is cool. I'll be sure to send out more pics! Is that hard drive on the way by chance? Just so I can start transferring stuff over. Everything I have is full now. So I gotta go! I love and miss you all! I'm doing good under the circumstances and excited to see what we can do!
Love,
Elder Derrek Bowler

No comments:

Post a Comment