Columbus Ohio Temple

Monday, September 8, 2014

September 8, 2014

Hey Everyone! 
Thanks for the Birthday wishes! It's weird I'm 21 but I'm legal now so there ain't nothin stoppin me now! haha SO this past week was kinda a drag. Little bit in a funk but nothing too bad. I went on exchanges to Fairborn and I think that's maybe what caused it. That place was a drag and the missionaries don't have a whole lot of motivation there. They just help an investigator move a bunch of his stuff so he can get out of the house his ex-wife is living in so he can get baptized. His name is Mac and is quite the character! Remind me about him in a couple weeks cause I got some stories about that :) He gave me a microphone which was cool. But I interviewed him for baptism so hopefully that all works out! The member we ate dinner with E. Peterson and Simkins do P90X3 with him. And like 6 weeks ago and I out did him in Pushups and Pull ups. Total of 200 plus and like 80 something pull ups. So he challenged me to that again so he can beat me and his goal is 200+ pushups and 100+ pullups and it's like a 8 different ones of each... So this is one of those times where the competitive side kicks in a little this week haha So after the exchange everything was kinda a drag and E. Baldwin has hit his 4 and a half month mark wall that most missionaries hit haha so that made things fun.. Nothing bad just slow. But we're gonna do better this week and get back in the swing of things! Nothing really happened this week honestly. The birthday was good. The morning was slow. I woke up with a Migraine but got lots of Birthday wishes from people and the Cross' did stuff for me and yeah Mike came down to see me. That was pretty cool. It's always good to see him. :) We went over to the Badders' home this week. A part member family. They're super cool and we love going over there. We went over Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and had really good talks and stuff. All casual which is what the family needs. So it's cool. That's funny to me that Calvin claims "Agnostic" I've just met too many people of all sorts of faith so it's interesting to see people's beliefs. Even in your own family. Like I said I'll try and figure out. Saturday was Richard and Tina's anniversary so we told them a while ago that we would cook for them so we just decided to make it a twofer. :) We did Homemade BBQ roast and cornbread and all salsa and everything home fashioned! It was pretty good stuff not gonna after Saturday we learned a new trick from AJ that I'll teach everyone here soon :P it'll be sweet! And yeah... Nothing too special really. I can't really think of anything to say haha it's bad but oh well. Not much I can do! Thanks again for all those who have loved and supported me throughout these past two years. It's carried me through it all and I am grateful for the examples everyone sets for me and the things I learn from everyone. These past two years have been an amazing blessing to me and I have learned a lot. I'm excited to see where they take me in life and how far I will go. I love the quote "Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the Moon." and literally the only things that really stop ourselves from achieving our dreams and ambitions is ourselves. And when we really enlist God's help in it we go so much further and life and that's one thing I've really taken from my mission is that I really need God's help in a lot of things. I just gotta do my best to remember him. Now will I always be perfect at it? No... Haha I haven't been perfect on my mission with it. But it's the direction we're facing on the climb and if we're willing to start walking. "The further we travel along the path of true discipleship, the steeper it becomes." -Brad Wilcox- I know that to be true. I have experienced/ am experiencing that climb every day of my life. It won't be easy but it's all worth it. The things I've learned and gone through are some things I may never want to go through again but I'm grateful I did because I'm a stronger person out there. I love the help I've received from the Lord's Grace in my life that helps me to keep going. I've learned how to manage my perfectionism. I've learned how much Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ truly love us. That was something that I would always hear, but never feel or really understand or believe. Now I've experienced it and the only times in life when we feel God is distant it's usually because of something that we're doing. And it's our job to figure it out and to fix it. I love my savior. I love each of you. Alec. Keep pressing forward bro. You can do this. It'll take time. But just trust that God is aware and is proud of you. Christ sacrificed himself so that we never have to feel the feeling that weigh us down in life. Charity. You're a boss. Keep strong too. You'll get the hang of it all and after a while it all just becomes routine. I hope you all have a great week! See you in 10 Days ;) 
Love,
Elder Derrek Bowler


No comments:

Post a Comment